Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We must Celebrate...

TODAY!

That is the echoing truth of the moment. Often/lately my conversations with other artists are filled with questioning the future amidst a chaotic nervousness.

"What are you doing right now?"
"Are you with an agent yet?"
"I just don't know how I'm gonna do this."
"How do I balance my survival job and my art?"
"How...what...when...but i thought...really!?!...I don't know..."

I have been feeling an overwhelming sense...a reminder if you will...for Praise and thankfulness. I am blessed and yet I still have want for another day other than today. And then when I am standing in front of another human being and I see their smile or tears or laughter...I am reminded how wonderfully fulfilling it is to be present...to listen...to give.

And then the truth of the moment comes up...yet again...and now it's coming from behind that "veil" that seems to be a mystery to us all...

"You must get yourself centered. You can't focus on your art when you are distracted. It's important to hold on to your individuality and find representation who will get behind that."

-Top NYC Agent

Ahh...

Rest is meant for you and me...Today...

i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday, this is the birth
day of life and love and wings; and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth.
....................................................................................
now the ears of my ears are awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened

-e.e. cummings







No comments:

Post a Comment